I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Out in Society

Day 121

I was social today. Twice over. In one case that was fine, because it was at my home and I was in a comfort zone. And I had a lot of fun. The group that was there (half of them new to me) was very pleasant to spend 3 hours making wedding invitations with.

The other case involved me not only going out, but driving 45 minutes away to a home I've never been to and didn't know who lived there to a group where I didn't think I'd know any but one person. Oh how I didn't want to go. But I knew I should go. I knew it would mean a lot to that one person. So I went. I actually made it. And she is such a fun, outgoing, happy person that my social anxieties were easily hidden and I don't think any of the other group noticed a thing. Not only that, I also enjoyed myself. And that was quite a plus. Especially considering that it was a bridal shower (for a different bride) which can always go in so many directions and have me extremely wary. Nope. This really was just a relaxed, talking, laughing, eating get-together. Perfectly fine with that!

I was worn out by the time I got home, but I'm grateful that I made the social efforts and that they weren't painful in the least.

No comments: