I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Motions of Happiness

Day 140

No matter the state of tiredness,

No matter the changing level of headache,

No matter the stifling feeling of ugliness--

I made it through the day.

I got so much done. You wouldn't believe it.

-Finished reading one series
-Started finishing another series (almost half way through Book 2).
-Created 1.5 games of Jeopardy for a YA program
-Did 2 storytimes
-oversaw booklist updates
-staff meeting
-reviewed books for Summer Reading lists

Well, maybe you could--because in list form it doesn't seem impressive! But as it took me all day that I *ahem* forgot to take a lunch break and still had half of my To Do list left, I call that getting so much done.

PLUS: I couldn't get over how pretty my hair looked in its horribly messy, frizzy state.

Amazing the things that can bring you happiness, and the ways you can find happiness, when it feels like all you can do is go through the motions to make it.

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

I LOVE IT! I often lay in bed and count up what I've done that day. Before I do it, I often feel underwhelmed by what I've accomplished. But after I really add it up, I fall asleep satisfied that I've done the best I could.

ldsjaneite said...

underwhelmed--definitely how I feel at times. We don't typically think to count our many blessings to get rid of underwhelmingness. But it really helps!