Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
- ELEVEN people coming to the party!!
- Much enjoyment of guests helping me make and wontons, sweet-and-sour sauce, fried potatoes, and Disco Crazy Cake.
- Potlucky kind of additions to our sit-down dinner included smoked turkey, buffalo wing chip dip, chocolate peanut butter pie, chocolate silk cake, angel food cake (made from scratch!!), pineapple rice, and spinach dip. It was all amazing, fabulous, and delicious.
- Lots of talking and laughing
- One of the best ever movies being watched
Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
LDS Hymns, Cast Thy Burden upon the Lord, no. 110
Cast thy burden upon the Lord,
And he shall sustain thee.
He never will suffer the righteous to fall.
He is at thy right hand.
Thy mercy, Lord, is great
And far above the heav’ns.
Let none be made ashamed
That wait upon thee.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
So much to be grateful for at the end of this day:
- I got the splinter out that had been in the crook of my left index finger for about 6 hours
- I had leftover dumplings for my dinner
- I had leftover Sis. E.'s potato salad (so good!) for a snack
- I got some books added to the order
- I got a pile of books pulled to prepare for my soon-to-come storytimes.
- The headache didn't get much worse
- I had a good excuse to not go to the singles' FHE where the headache would have inevitably gotten worse and where I would have had to deal with the stress of my social anxieties (and annoyances)
- My fabulous bed now awaits to welcome me with blissful sleep and take away "the Monday Migraine."
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
- I have insurance to make dental trips easier and more affordable. No dental insurance for many years makes me even more appreciative of this great blessing.
- A fantastic dental hygienist. Oh yes. I make sure my appointments are always with her. I could go on about how amazing she is!
- I was told I had great hygiene and all looked good. The only reason I had pain was because I haven't quite figured out how to brush correctly with my Christmas present of a toothbrush. And go figure--there sitting right next to me was the same toothbrush I have. The dentists really are endorsing it! And she told me how to use it correctly. I'm relieved. I was starting to think I had some horrible gum disease beginning even though I was being so good about flossing.
- When she flossed my teeth-only the sore ones (see previous glad note) hurt. No bleeding, no "what are you doing with that string?!" Go me in awesomeness.
- The toothpaste she recommended must be working since the things she recommended it for she didn't mention on this visit. Good, too, because I really like that toothpaste.
- No need for digging out calculus. No need to schedule a consultation with an oral surgeon. No need to take x-rays. No need to poke at my gums. No anything except examining and cleaning.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I haven't done them, yet, I know, but I'm grateful just for the anticpation of it! Tomorrow (I hope tomorrow; maybe Saturday evening after work) I will be making Fudge Cupcakes. With raspberry syrup! I know, de-lish, right? They sound like it! And I'm still on a chocolate-y craving kick. And it's for Sis. E.'s birthday.
Add to that anticipation the one of the Winter Olympics beginning and you've got one ecstatic me. They're muy favorite! I've finally decided. Because with winter, I can turn on any sport and be intrigued to watch (except hockey). But in the Summer Olympics, there are a few sports that I don't care much to watch. Plus--they're in Canada. I've been there!
Then add even more the fact that tomorrow night I'll be going to a dance that, in spite of my not liking dances anymore, I had so much fun at the one last year and this year my very good friend will be joining me, and I am excited for the swirly-twirly dress I'll be wearing (oh you know it!!), and that I have an excuse to leave early in case it ends up being as unenjoyable as the other ones though they have some amazing food there that at least there's one thing I'll thoroughly enjoy, and.....*gasp!*
Maybe I'll figure out how to work in the ice skating date with myself (and Bob), too.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Making Mac & Cheese without butter and milk cuts off hundreds (literally) of calories and allows for me to still eat one of my favorite ever comfort foods without worrying about cutting out other food altogether for the rest of the day. Yes, it may not be as creamy, but it still tastes great. A lot less oily and greasy, too. My arteries thank me. (Oh--and I can add broccoli and spices, too, and still be well in calories range for my other meals.)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I have been using SparkPeople for 60 days now. And I feel absolutely great! I'm still keeping up with tracking what I eat (and carbs, fat, calories, protein, sodium, and various vitamins and minerals to go along with that). I've added exercise into it all in the last 3 weeks. My clothes are all starting to look a little less flattering us they don't quite fit as they used to here, or they hang a little differently there. Though my stress has been medium, it hasn't bothered me much. My energy level is quite high, even with my bouts of the current EB "episode." And the goal tracker (for other things like scripture study, journal keeping, family history, etc.) has been a great and fun reminder to get "the little things" done when my busy day can often have me forgetting.
I don't have my next weigh-in until the end of the week. My guess is that the exercise is replacing some fat with muscle, so I'm not expecting too much (if any) weight loss since my last weigh-in 3 weeks ago. But if there isn't any weight gain, then I'm on the right track! And considering it's been so cold with lots of snow, getting in the exercise I have has been quite the accomplishment. Factor in my insane sweet cravings over the last 2 weeks, and going out to a restaurant to eat, and still keeping in with my goal ranges--things are wonderful!
I feel incredible and fantastic. And it just keeps getting better.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
I like the word elegant. It's an adjective I would like to describe me. Classy is related, but it's not quite elegant. Still, I definitely think my beloved "BYU pearls" along with (favorite, given to me years before pierced ears) pearl earrings add a sense of elegance and classiness to the overall demeanor.
But couple the pearls with 2 french braid pigtails? That equals one muchly happy (albeit slightly colder) me, and one unknowing image consultant and one mother who would be verily disappointed.
Thus the equation is
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I love sore muscles. I mean, not so much that I'd want them every day. But I love knowing I've worked hard and well. Knowing I'm doing my best to get fit. Knowing that something is going right. But mostly, that 200 crunches, 10 push-ups on the exercise ball, and a 40 minute cardio workout within 24 hours are worth it. If only I could do more stretching while at work!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
Someday: I will marry my best friend
I usually: fall asleep in less than 5 minutes--once I allow myself
I regret: not knowing the scriptures and the Gospel as well as I should and could
I love: my Savior
I care: about literacy
I always: go to use the restroom as soon as I wake up. Tried to do the whole prayer thing as soon as I wake, but Heavenly Father and I agreed the squirmy dance was too uncomfortable and distracting...not to mention risky
I am not: (like my sister) as tall as I wish I were. Though she is way taller than even my dream height!
I remember: some pretty random things in excessive detail, so I've been told
I believe: in hope
I dance: according to how the music makes me feel (i.e. - Interpretive)
I sing: therefore I am
I don’t always: look over my shoulder when I'm changing lanes--especially if I've been on the road for hours and I know who is ahead or behind me exactly at what spots
I argue: too much
I write: way too much
I lose: weight when I make smart nutrition choices
I wish: more than I should
I listen: to the world around me, and it says so much
I don't understand: the most mind-boggling aspect of my life. I guess I never will.
I can be found: near a computer presently
I am scared: of drowning
I need: hugs. All day and every day.
I forget: to say thank you as much as I should
I am happy: The End.