I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today, I was not so Happy

Day 59

It was more that I was tired. Am tired. Very, very, very, very tired. And that's only the half of it. I thought I would fall asleep at every moment during church. The music was played rather slow, and that didn't help in trying to rouse me. The lessons were not as involved with the students, so I couldn't even keep my mind alert for those. Various responsibilities spiritually and mentally weighed down on me as well, which seemed to make the physical exhaustion even worse!

But what were some things that brought me joy and gratitude?

*The Spirit reminding me that I am doing well, that I am in the right place and time doing the right things even if my heart longs for something else. So my heart can be at peace knowing it's where it belongs.

*Having a missionary discussion with the missionaries and a recently returned missionary. I love being around their enthusiasm and spark.

*Being able to focus more on some of the hymn lyrics we sang today

*Having memories of my sister from the special musical number

*Being able to play fairly well the new choir piece--on first look! (It's a really pretty arrangement of "I am a Child of God" and "I Believe in Christ" called testimony. You can find it here.)

*Having leftovers from last night to come home to and enjoy

*No responsibilities or appointments which allows for a very early turn-in time. (I am really grateful for that one!)

*Not passing out at church or while driving

*Having one of the fudge cupcakes before Sunday School. It was a happy thought during a rough time

*Reading the wonderful Ensign talks for our Relief Society lesson today. They were great!

*Listening to my Hilary Weeks CD after a 2-month break.

*Being able to find the good things after a hard day.

No comments: