I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Chocolate Beans

Day 57

(for Serene's Picture of the Day Challenge, I couldn't pass up this photo op)


I had enough leftover ingredients to make the Fudge Cupcakes again. And as my chocolate-flavored anything craving has not subsided--since I usually need 3 or 4 days of filling it to get it to go away, and I haven't had that...plus I honestly believe the recent month of stress has been a factor--I decided to not wait until tomorrow or Sunday to make them.

I figured I didn't need to make the cupcakes as big because I wasn't frosting them. So I stretched the 18 cupcakes into 24. I had already been planning I would save a few for my co-workers. I always share products of Hannah Swenson recipes with them! But I also knew I was going to be scarfing a bunch.

And, yeah, I scarfed a bunch. Bet you would never be able to guess how much a bunch is. I wouldn't have, as I've never seen myself eat that much anything chocolate--even only chocolate flavored!

Oh. And that pot on the back of the stove? Yeah. That's my weekly "ration" of beans (navy this week!) that I'd just finished cooking. Perhaps no one else sees the irony, but it makes me laugh. Low-fat, high protein, decent carbs and calories, great-for-my-healthier-attempting lifestyle beans along with two dozen (raspberry syrup) fudge cupcakes to fill a month-long craving. Yep. That's my life!

Filling a craving, while knowing I'm not straying from my lifestyle changes, is a happy thought indeed.


Oh! And I must share this happiness, too. This present has been over 2 years in the making, mostly because of the whole "out of sight, out of mind."
But a month ago I realized I should finish this or I would feel guilty for ever and a day.
So I spent as much as I could the last 2 weeks working on this blanket (luckily one of those weeks was an unexpected blessing).

And I finished it tonight.
Although I feel attached to this asthetically weird concoction of a blanket, tomorrow I will part with it and bequeath it to one who will love it so much. At least I'll have the memories!
Yay for a good use of various yarn from 3 donated boxes as well as using a skill I learned over 10 years ago.












P.S. A bunch = 7 cupcakes.

1 comment:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh My! I can't tell you how badly I want chocolate right now! Maybe I'll have to check out the recipe and make some... with chocolate frosting of course.

And your blanket is impressive!! I lack the creative skills for such a feat.

Awesome.