I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today, I was Happy

Day 58

I had an absolutely fabulous and fantastic day. Very full, but totally worth it. It involved:

1) a great sit-down breakfast with others (and *ahem* eating two more cupcakes)

2) finishing up the Isaiah chapters in 2nd Nephi of the Book of Mormon

3) donating blood (first time in almost 3 years, because of the last 2 times leading to terrible health issues)--I'm still a fast, um, bleeder!

4) giving my friend her present. I helped her open it...
...and she loved it!
5) My Amazing Grace Party (in commemoration of the 203rd anniversary this past Tuesday) which included:
  • ELEVEN people coming to the party!!
  • Much enjoyment of guests helping me make and wontons, sweet-and-sour sauce, fried potatoes, and Disco Crazy Cake.
  • Potlucky kind of additions to our sit-down dinner included smoked turkey, buffalo wing chip dip, chocolate peanut butter pie, chocolate silk cake, angel food cake (made from scratch!!), pineapple rice, and spinach dip. It was all amazing, fabulous, and delicious.
  • Lots of talking and laughing
  • One of the best ever movies being watched
I needed this day. I am so happy I had it. Now if I can squeeze in finishing up an enjoyable YA book, I'll go to sleep in sheer happiness.

I love a good, happy day that involved others having a good, happy day, too!

2 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Who is your friend? What a wonderful day you had full of love and service (and food)!

ldsjaneite said...

This is my friend Melinda. She suffers from Locked-In Syndrome. I visit her every 3rd week on my Fridays off. She gives me true perspective on things in life when I get too caught up in myself.