I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cast Thy Burden

Day 56

It was yesterday's scripture. And not only did I find myself looking at it repeatedly throughout the day, I kept going back to it today as well:

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
-Psalms 27:14

It is exactly the peaceful and calm reminder that I need in the mental tumult that is causing extreme physical exhaustion. I am happy. Truly, truly happy. And growing so much. But it's hard to fully enjoy that happiness when I'm ready to pass out at every moment.

So I am grateful for the reminder that pressing forward in the Lord's will and with Him at my side, I know he will strengthen my heart.

Waiting on the Lord is a most wondrous blessing.

LDS Hymns, Cast Thy Burden upon the Lord, no. 110

Cast thy burden upon the Lord,
And he shall sustain thee.
He never will suffer the righteous to fall.
He is at thy right hand.
Thy mercy, Lord, is great
And far above the heav’ns.
Let none be made ashamed
That wait upon thee.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Great scripture and reminder for me. Thanks for your thoughts. (I found your link on Serene's blog.)

ldsjaneite said...

You are most welcome, Valerie. Thanks for stopping by!