I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, February 15, 2010

"Just [Sing & Dance] While You Work"

Day 46

I love to clean. I really do. As long as I'm not told I have to. Yeah, that didn't work so well while I was growing up. But I'm pretty good (at least I have been as an adult) to know when to clean. And how to clean. And even how often. Some rooms more frequently than others. I also know how important it is to have my own "space" where things can just be until I have more time to focus on it. Still, even that space needs to be straightened, tidied, and/or cleaned once in a while.

I have been wanting to focus on that space for some weeks, because it was creeping out into all the rest of my teeny living space. And today was a wonderful day off (no need for pie to console me). Not only did I get the budgeting and bills finished for the month, and fit in a good strength training workout, and pulled out the crocheted quilt blocks so I can finish this long overdue (2 years in fact) birthday present by Saturday, and made the fudge cupcakes (with raspberry syrup) for a not-as-belated birthday present, but I cleaned.

A nice, good clean of the whole place. (OK. I admit. I didn't deep clean the bathroom. I'm saving that for another week.) Things put away. Things dusted, swept, and vacuumed. Things tossed in the trash. Things organized. And yes. I put in a whole lot of singing and dancing while I did all that cleaning.

Oh yes. Cleaning is glorious, but even better is how wonderful it feels afterwards not only with the great accomplishment, but with the peace and joy that comes from being in a clean room.

No comments: