I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"You Raise Me Up to More than I can Be"

Day 52

I had a slightly rough day. Just some little things that needed to run their course of healing. I am always grateful for the Atonement, but some days I seem to understand it a little more, and feel its power more acutely. Today was one of those days. And most of my tears were not from sadness as they were from testifying again and again (even if only to myself) how much I know the Atonement is real. How I know that power works in my life, and that I feel that power. How I know that the Savior truly and personally understands the physical, emotional, and other pains I am enduring.

And I am so happy to know that I am not alone in my hard times, and that I am strengthened to endure the pain until it will reach its assured end.

P.S. I'm also grateful for some fantastic friends who give me hugs, smiles, and laughter to help me move past the "silly" yet inevitable and re-occurring things that can get to me.

No comments: