I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Smile! Your teeth want you to!

Day 49

It's no secret. I am not a fan of being at the dentist. So much as a little scraper or drill or polisher or tiny mirror inside my mouth and my entire self is not happy. (OK. The suction thing is always kinda cool.) But even in the needed dental trip, I find many things to be grateful for:

  1. I have insurance to make dental trips easier and more affordable. No dental insurance for many years makes me even more appreciative of this great blessing.
  2. A fantastic dental hygienist. Oh yes. I make sure my appointments are always with her. I could go on about how amazing she is!
  3. I was told I had great hygiene and all looked good. The only reason I had pain was because I haven't quite figured out how to brush correctly with my Christmas present of a toothbrush. And go figure--there sitting right next to me was the same toothbrush I have. The dentists really are endorsing it! And she told me how to use it correctly. I'm relieved. I was starting to think I had some horrible gum disease beginning even though I was being so good about flossing.
  4. When she flossed my teeth-only the sore ones (see previous glad note) hurt. No bleeding, no "what are you doing with that string?!" Go me in awesomeness.
  5. The toothpaste she recommended must be working since the things she recommended it for she didn't mention on this visit. Good, too, because I really like that toothpaste.
  6. No need for digging out calculus. No need to schedule a consultation with an oral surgeon. No need to take x-rays. No need to poke at my gums. No anything except examining and cleaning.
Clean bill of teeth health is always a happy thing.

No comments: