I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Letting Go

Day 130

After two years of joys, concerns, and worries, I am happy to announce:

my baby's been adopted!

I do believe, from personal experience, that she has found a good home. Oh, yet I shall miss her.

She has grown so much in our short time together.

And I had such hopes to raise her myself.

But I knew I could not provide her a good home for a long time, and it was best for her to have some place else to live and someone else take care of her. She would never be able to fully grow and reach wonderful potential without this necessary adoption.

There was finally an interested party. But they kept putting it off for over a year. And during that time as she struggled to hold on to life but was held back in potential growth, I worried I would have to just sit and watch her die.

Then this morning I noticed that my dear Bud's adoption had been finalized, and it brought a simple, sweet joy to my currently sorrowful, tumultuous soul.

No comments: