I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Theater. The Theater.

Day 141

I went to a local high school's musical tonight. It reminded me of my high school musical experiences. There was nothing like them. Nothing to compare. Nothing to beat, as far as high school experiences go.

I loved every bit of it.

So I went today in support of the youth that I serve in this city. And to have a night to go out on a date (with me). And to get out and do something. I had all kinds of thoughts, impressions, and memories as I watched a musical filled with 80s music.

One thought persisted. Perhaps I should feel bad about it. But I don't really.

Because seeing tonight's musical simply made me even more grateful that I was part of wonderful talent, support, and directing to be part of two amazingly produced musicals in high school.

Now I know the assistant director was right--our school could have won some High School Tonys--if such a thing existed.

No comments: