I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Almost There

Day 149

I felt a prompting, and I followed it. And--like always!--the Lord was right. I felt very strongly around noon today that I needed to see if it was possible to move my furniture right then instead of waiting until Monday. A bit of unexpected stress and confusion had me wondering afterwards if I really should have called around the YSA branch to find any brethren who could spare the time. But we were in the middle of it all and I really couldn't change my mind then. At least. I shouldn't have.

And I didn't. I think the driving took the majority of the moving. And the guys wanted to move more than just the 6 pieces of furniture. So I scrambled around throwing everything into something and hoping that I remembered to keep back what I would need for the next 36 hours. (Already forgotten something!)

Then we were off. And that's when the adventures really shot off for me. My landlords were loaning us the use of their truck. A big truck. A very big truck. I had to raise my foot about 3 inches above my other knee just to step into the thing. And yes.

I Drove the Very Big Truck.

With furniture in the back!!! I'm almost more proud of that feat than any other accomplishment today.

Anywho. I'd set up the bed frame how I wanted and measured all over the room trying to mentally place the furniture. So once it was there and the gracious young men had gone on to enjoy the rest of their day, I set to work. My (very soon-to-be!) roommate was a great help because she talked and that helped keep me from getting overly weary as I tend to get in the unpacking stage. Indeed, I had quite the fun. And while I don't have everything out that I want out, I have things in places. Clothes all hung in the closet or in my "dresser" drawers. Pictures out and some up on walls. Bed made. The Kitchen things.

Oh--my kitchen things! I have missed having my own kitchen. And while this one will be shared, I do feel a bit more like I belong in it with my own silverware tray, cooking utensils, spice rack. OK. It sounds like I have lots of kitchen stuff. Not really. Just enough to survive when I lived on my own. But I did grow attached to those few belongings in that year. It is such a happy thing to see them everywhere--and to realize they took up about five boxes!

My room feels more like home, which is exactly what I was needing as the stress of moving and the unfounded worries and fears (unfounded, maybe; but very present, yes) kept mounting. I'm feeling much more excited to try out this new stage of life. Back to a roommate again whom I think I will get along with extremely well. We already do as friends. I don't think it will be too hard to adjust to living habits and quirks. Plus! This is my very first time to have a roommate, but to have my own room. Amazing, right?!

And then--after getting all of that completed as well as real BBQ and Memorial Day-ing plans for Memorial Day with my favoritest people around here--I drove the Very Big Truck home.

In. The. Dark

Just look at all my amazingness! Even squeezed in a hair ritual and cleaning the shower. I'll have a nice Sabbath tomorrow, and then come Monday morning it's just popping the leftovers in the car and finishing cleaning the room. Then the 2-month move will be over. (Though I could breathe more frequently and the stress was spread out, I do think that this kind of move is actually harder.)

It feels so good to follow the Spirit and see that the Lord knows what He's talking about--I feel better than I could have imagined myself being this weekend.