I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blessing of Guidance

Day 124

I can't believe how fast my day flew by. I kept forgetting to go to lunch...or just wasn't getting around to it. By the time I got back from lunch, I had only a little over 2 hours left of work. I should take late lunches more often!

Now if I were to score my day productively, I would say I did not do well. Actual tasks done, etc. would not be impressive. But I know I did stuff. And I also know that in this time of change at work and with extreme busyness impending, once every so rarely often of taking a day a little slower in pace is not going to be detrimental.

Indeed, it was very beneficial. I could feel myself smiling more--and not with huge effort. Laughing came more easily. Letting the silly, this-doesn't-matter-so-much things go was not hard. I just roll my eyes when I see the ugliness on my face because I can't control that, and honestly who is going to comment on that unless they're really socially uncouth? I laugh about the piles at my desk. I let myself be a little calmer about the things I have to do, because I know it is not life or death to accomplish them, and that others will understand if I make a mistake or two. So I may feel so unprepared and more unqualified than ever for my job. Oh well. I'll learn even more that way.

And aside from work, there is so much more just of my life in general that is coming back into focus as to what's important and what's not. Good reminders. Reassurances. Declarations. Wise counsel and "of course!" commandments.

It's so nice when the roller coaster starts climbing back up, no matter what the speed is.

No comments: