I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Can't Keep a Good Dog Down

Day 123

I did not want to go to work today. Not. At. All.

It wasn't that I didn't want to go to work. It was I didn't want to go to work. I didn't want to go anywhere. But even if circumstances hadn't changed, I went. In spite of...everything. I went. Which, of course, was the wisest choice as I knew it would be.

Sure, I didn't care much about my appearance. (Sorry to my mother and my image consultant. But there are those days.)

And didn't really care that the humidity doubled in the room.

And didn't care that my desk sprouted 3 more piles without me even sitting at it today.

And didn't care that I ate twice as much for breakfast since I only had one other meal in the day.

And didn't care that all day I looked and sounded like I'd just been dragged out of bed when really I'd been up since just before 7--on my morning off!

PLUS!!

I finished straightening what I could of my room and even managed to vacuum the batch of carpet that appeared.

I listened to the Elder Perry and Sister Perry interview podcast.

I re-watched a couple of episodes of my new favorite period drama.

I accomplished everything on my work To Do list, as well as some things I forgot to put on it.

I had a 20-minute power nap at lunch.

I heard baby birds chirping up in the vent for hours at work.

I managed to be creative...kind of.

I had some good PR with some of my patrons.

I put on happy music as I wound down for the day.

I laughed. And smiled. More than once.

Ignoring the not-really-important and getting so much done? Wonderful.
Having a laugh and a smile? Priceless.
Knowing Who makes all of it possible? Sweetest Joy.

No comments: