I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's All in the Presentation

Day 122

Some days, all you can do to find a happy spot in the day is to turn to the vanity. Yep. I didn't want to look like I was feeling awful, sad, hurt, distraught, or any other negative emotion inside. So I put in the contacts even though my eyes were tired and I knew the on and off crying would make them more uncomfortable. And I put on make-up, though I skipped the mascara as last week's huge streak of it all during sacrament meeting before I could get to water to get it off was lesson enough there.

But mostly, I wore that one twirly black dress outfit that is probably too flattering. Add to that the fact that I'd done a hair ritual in the morning, and my curls looked fabulous. I did a half up-do with a ribbon of the beautiful royal blue intertwined among it all.

And though I felt terrible, I looked amazing. It helped enough to make the day not only bearable, but even interspersed with happy times.

No comments: