I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother Memory #4

My mother (with occasional help from my sister) read the entire Little House on the Prairie series to me when I was very young. The first one that I really remember being read to me each night was These Happy Golden Years. To this day, it is still my favorite secular book. It's not just the book itself. It's that my mother read it to me.

By the way--my mother placed a great deal of importance and value on reading to and with your children--both secular works as well as the scriptures. Today I stand as testimony, standard, and product of her diligence, determination, dedication, and wisdom--a librarian, a lover of reading, and a budding young scriptorian in progress.

No comments: