I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another Mother Memory

Day 142

No one can compare to my mother. In so many areas, she is matchless. Today, it was in her never-failing patience and ability to "deal with me." My poor mom has had to endure many a phone call of me crying so hard that my speech is completely incoherent. And she knows just how to wait it out with sympathy and reassurance until I'm calm enough for the gentle advice and wisdom to come. And she knows just how to deliver it. If her words had come out of someone else's mouth, I probably would have gotten so upset with that person. But Mother says it, and I feel peace and know of its truth.

It is amazing--the power of my mother.


P.S. I told my almost roommate later on that before we marry, my future husband needs to sit down with my mom for at least a week to learn from her how to handle me. :-)
Then again, as almost roommate pointed out, he'll probably learn as Mom did--slowly and surely until it is what the Lord wants for us.

No comments: