I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Progression

Day 120

Except for anything work-related (because it was all awesome and I'm ahead of the game in some areas!), everything of this entire week was so hard. Honestly--the highlights for me were mostly about food. Have to find the positive somewhere! But I made it. I made it through in spite of

-the PCOS and psoriasis having a war...on my face
-the return of the cold/allergy thing needing to be fought
-having to baby-sit the landlords' dogs (I do not like pets)
-being stuck in a messy room that will have to stay in its messy state until I'm completely moved out
-resuming packing (I hate packing--though I did enjoy the 3 week break)
-too lifelike dreams of pressing things that have been on my mind
-having no one to talk to when I've really needed someone to talk to
-receiving no hugs (except the thank-you hug for the present I gave my due-any-day-now LDS friend and supervisor)
-a non-existent good-bye that hurt when I didn't think it would affect me
-lots of tears (but they are productive, worthwhile tears that are helping me)

So, yes. A tough week. And not over, yet. But I don't feel bogged down by it. I don't feel regressed in any way. I feel that I am truly pushing through the horrible, hard, huge, horrendous stumbling boulders in my way.

There is progress. It is slow. It is painful. It is heart-wrenching. It is exhausting.

But it is. With Him, it is.



P.S. My collard greens in my Mac & Cheese--magnificent combination.

3 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Oh Heidi!~ I want to give you a virtual hug and an E-kiss!!!!!!!!

Jesse_Jay87 said...

Heidi..

um well you know how I am about hugs.. so but hey.. I could give ya a hug..and umm you can call me anytime..
and yeah.

I am going to show up at storytime with the babies; its hard to "plan" things with them..but the intent is there!

take it easy :-)
-Jessica

ldsjaneite said...

Thank you both. So kind of you!