I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Showers, Bring April....

Day 91

[from my post on The Thursday Chronicles]

I received flowers today. From a guy.

I don't usually ever receive flowers. From girls or guys. My sister sent some to me on my 14th birthday. As she was on the other side of the country, I thought it was so neat! And there were some carnations around Valentine's Day that came from sweet albeit pitying males from church, and one from a good friend because she knew how much I always wanted to receive flowers. And there were some that came to my apartment. And the corsages that my high school prom and college Homecoming dates gave me.

But it just isn't the same, you know? I mean, this guy actually came right up to me at work and handed me a bouquet of daffodils and mums. So bright, so pretty, so wonderfully fragrant. I haven't had a smile like that since I don't know when. And while it was technically to brighten up the place, they were given to me. Not one of the other librarians. Me.

So I like to look at it as today, o Marvelous Thursday, I received flowers. From a guy.






(Who cares if he is 3? I think that makes it all the better! Or maybe there's just something in the fact that it IS April Fool's Day and I've just had the fact that I am a fool driven in even more because of every male my age who could have and should have given me flowers some time in my life yet didn't.....Oh well.!)

Receiving flowers is one of my greater happinesses. Perhaps because it's rare. Perhaps because if there is real thought and caring behind it, it means even more. And perhaps because I love the world Heavenly Father has created, and I love the reminders of it.

No comments: