I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, April 2, 2010

This is [My] Life

Day 92

Two things to be grateful for today:

-Excluding my 5 pieces of furniture, I moved ~ half (maybe a squink less) of my stuff today with the help of my future roommate. It felt good to get started on the move, even though there were many moments while carrying boxes that I kept thinking "I hate moving!" Truth there, yes. But it's an inevitability of my life. I wonder if I will ever get to settle somewhere for more than a few years. I'm not counting on it. But I'm grateful that I have the fortitude to continue to get rid of more belongings, have the patience (though it frequently falters) to keep packing up and moving, and be physically able to lift and carry and do other means to execute the moves. But even more, I am grateful for the friend(s) that helps me in moving me. Then I don't feel so quite along in my unsettled life.

-I went on my first date in 3 years. I enjoyed myself, it wasn't awkward, and it was nice to go out with someone besides me and my stuffed turtle.

I love having a life to live, no matter what bad or good comes with it. It is mine. And I love it.

1 comment:

SuburbiaMom said...

Where did you move your stuff to? Glad about your date. Don't mention the turtle or you may not see more of those ;).