I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Perfect Date

Day 116

"Describe your perfect date."

"Oh. That's a tough one. I would have to say April 25th, because it's not too hot and it's not too cold. All you need is a light jacket!"
-Miss Congeniality

Well, weatherwise, yes. Yesterday was a perfect date. But so much of the rest was not so perfect. For me. So I took the quote I came across last week and decided to apply it. And it worked! What a difference it made to wake up and determinedly push away the unhappy thoughts that wanted precedence. I refused to let them bother with me. I refused to let them take up my time, or weigh down anything.

Besides, today promised to be too awesome to let the sorrows of yesterday bother me today. Arising early. Scripture reading. Walking. Crocheting. A chick-flick I love. Fantastic food. Constant on the go at work. My first all-out YA program--which went really well! Lovely rain to listen to. Happy smiles on many faces, including mine. And so much more. It was, truly, a perfect date!

I'm grateful that today I can testify of this truth: beginning a day serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with old nonsense makes for the best choice in attitude.

1 comment: