I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Nonsensical Nonsense

Day 109

How many little mistakes can one make in a day? Countless. I know. I can testify of that. Daily. I had a wonderful co-worker who kept trying to cheer me up by treating lightly and/or writing off various teeny things that I kept messing up and vocally berating myself over. Then she topped that off with overly complimenting me on things I was doing well and right. She is so sweet. I'm always grateful for her.

But what I'm most grateful for today is the principle she probably didn't even realize she was reminding me of, and which I need to apply more to my life.

It just so happened that a daily quote sent to me went right along exactly with the principle--and I think I need to memorize it!

Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
you shall begin it serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amen.



No comments: