I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Then Move My Feet"

Day 96

I woke. Fairly early considering many factors. I got in my scripture reading, and it was still earlier than I've been waking up. I'd been seeing the looks-like-it's-been-raining-and-might-rain-more weather outside in my lovely view from my window, and it was begging me. I just had to. No matter that I could still barely keep my eyes open. No matter that I'd left my iPod headphones at work and two days previously broke my very favorite and much better for my hearing headphones so I couldn't listen to music. No matter that I would have to squeeze it into the hour before I had to leave for work. No matter anything. I followed the promptings of my heart and the Spirit.

I went running on an early Spring morning.

It was glorious. Well, the running part wasn't. No matter how often I run, 90% of the time my body reacts like it's the first time I've ever done such a thing and why am I torturing it this way!? But the feeling of being able to run. The feeling of the wind rush past. The sound of the steady rhythm of my feet. My lungs' ability to take in a bit more air when I'm done. My entire body thinking "I am awesome" when I finish. All of that? Yeah, that is glorious.

Add to that the sights and sounds of a spring morning. I was almost breathless (though thankfully I wasn't or the running would have been even harder!). It was so wonderful, I told myself I need to do it more often. Especially as the chances to run in a safe neighborhood will not be for much longer, so I must take advantage.

I love the blessing of running for me. The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when He added that to my life.



P.S. Happy 180th Birthday to the LDS Church, and Happy 2010th Birthday to our Savior--the true Christmas Day.

No comments: