I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Free to Live

Day 102

I watched a new film version of "The Diary of Anne Frank" this morning. It aired last night on Masterpiece Theater, in conjunction with Holocaust Remembrance Day. This film version focused a little more on parts of Anne's diary that the other versions I've seen have not. Not much, anyhow. Overall, I thought it well done. And not until the end did I realize how it was affecting me and that I was crying. The story of Anne Frank, those in the annexe, and many others who were in hiding during WWII always gets me to thinking about my life. The freedoms I have. Especially the ones to practice my religion, to hold the opinions and views that I have, and to live the standards and values that I believe in.

And to come and go as I please. Compared to some who hid, this annexe group had great luxuries in their hiding place. But to be forced to be cooped up. To not have the chance to walk outside and feel every part of one of my favorite Primary songs "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."


I am grateful to be fully and freely a part of His creations.

No comments: