I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Happiness--Sabbath Style

Day 304

Oh, there was so much today. Lots of little things to be grateful for and to bring happiness. A few:

*My Hair Ritual. After what I've done to my hair in the last two weeks (especially yesterday's costume), it was so nice to nourish my poor tortured locks and bring back my beautiful, natural curls.

*My clever pun. I thought so at least. I made Yoda Soda for Linger Longer. Mostly because I wasn't able to make it for my Star Wars party and my home teacher had wanted some. So I promised to make him some. I thought it would be a nice touch for Halloween, since there wasn't much to do for that day (being the Sabbath). And then my co-worker gave me the idea of putting in ice in the shape of a hand. An added Halloween aspect. Nice touch. But even better when I came up (quite randomly, too) with the aforementioned pun: a sign by the drink which read "Cool Hand, Luke" I thought it hilarious. Yet only a couple really gave it the hearty and appreciative laugh that I had hoped for. But as one of those was the home teacher I made the drink for, it was worth it.

*Stake Choir has begun rehearsals again! And it's for Christmas. I do love singing Christmas music. Plus, it reminds me of my many choir years in school when we prepared for our Christmas concerts. What wonderful songs. What happy memories. And what a joy to get to sing!

*Actually being Visit Taught in my own home, and by a teacher whom I feel is definitely a friend.

I love the little things, because they are not little to me if they bring happiness!

No comments: