I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mmmm-yum yum

Day 289

As I got to have pizza for the second time in 5 days, I looked back over the week. And what a week it has been for food!

Including
-the ever wonderful Papa John's
-a trip to my favorite salad bar
-fried apples, homemade by me
-today's pizza (Sam's Club--not bad)
-gingerbread, homemade by me and eaten with Pumpkin Mousse (oh my)
-this morning's crepes, homemade by me and eaten with homemade apple compote (of sorts)
-my current favorite pasta meal
-red velvet cake at a co-worker's party
-buffalo chicken bites
-especially delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which I believe are what started it all!

It can seem trivial, but it really isn't. I mean, we kind of need food. And we might as well enjoy it, right? To a good, wholesome extent of course (which my 10 months' loss of 15 pounds and 2 dress and 2 pants sizes can verify that I'm still on the right track).

Some days, even weeks, I just can't help but be grateful for food.

No comments: