I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Playing

Day 282

I was "senior staff" today at work, and it was not a nice, slow, no-cares, no-worries day. We were hopping! And short of staff. And had a program (which turned out well--yay for mini yarn dolls that you can call scarecrows!). And a serious and confusing patron complaint. It was a whole different kind of exhausted when I left work.

But the day wasn't over! I had some editing to do, though it was a very different kind of editing. Interesting, but "wow" with the brain. At least I was able to check the scores for the game that BYU won!! (Finally.)

Yet it wasn't any ol' game. It was Homecoming game. I have a particular connection to BYU Homecoming. Depending on what is going on in my life, it can be happy, sad, silly, fun, or all kinds of things. As this year, especially these last 5 months, I have been extremely nostalgic, this Homecoming proved to be nostalgic. And I thought I'd grown out of the need for it, but I don't think I will ever grow out of that need. Oh well. If you're going to be a Janeite, you might as well live it up:

I dressed up for Homecoming!

And proceeded on to having my own enjoyable evening to remind me of just how wonderful life really is.

No comments: