I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Being Green and Feeling the Spirit

Day 297

OK. Two things, since one was from late last night and I still wanted to share it.

I'm grateful for a costume--in spite of its defects and frustrations--which was successful! It's so nice when people can tell what I am without asking. (That's quite rare for me.) Plus, I had fun being Elphaba (pre-Oz experiences). And not only did I have fun with my costume, but I actually had fun at the YSA dance, too. Couldn't stand 97% of the music. And certainly didn't dance well. And wasn't asked for any slow dances until the very absolute end. But that went in character--Elphaba was never popular. And she didn't dance well. And she still managed to come to like who she was, and have confidence in herself, and find worthy causes to live, and have someone love her just for who she is. See?

There is a reason I love and admire Elphaba and am grateful that the (musical) character was introduced in my life.

And the other thing is that I'm grateful for another lesson taught well and, for me at least, with the Spirit. I love learning so much in my preparation and in my "delivering."

While I pray for others to feel the Spirit and learn from the lesson, I am at least grateful for what I am blessed with and able to gain.

No comments: