I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, October 11, 2010

With a little effort, a lot of fun

Day 284

I love a day off. Sleeping in. Reading. Watching a movie. Time to cook a real meal, and sit down to eat it. A real day of relaxation. But add to that one thing I don't usually get any more. Because it was not a typical day off for others, the branch did not cancel FHE. Which meant, I could go. Only, I need to conserve gas, so I needed a ride. One part of me could have used that as an excuse to just stay home in my comfort zone. But I knew I should go, so with combined efforts, I got one!

Do you know what a difference it makes to have someone else drive you to an activity which typically sets you into high stress mode? It lessens it a great deal and puts me on a slightly more comfort zone. It also helps that there were not dozens of people there, so I was able to keep anxiety down to a minimum. And of those who were there, the people do not tend to cause me anxiety in general.

So the minimal stress that did develop was also dispelled, which allowed for a (now) different kind of evening that was highly fun and enjoyable.

No comments: