I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Hug Here. A Hug There.

Day 278

28 toddlers at my toddler storytime.

That's almost twice a "typical" size.

And even though we had to hold it in the acoustically-challenged lobby because of the flooding in the Children's room, I think the children still enjoyed it.

I had fun, even though I had to call out a bit more loudly with my already sore for a week throat.

And 12 preschoolers.

That's more typical.

With more regulars than the toddler group had.

And I know this one youngster gets a little out of hand in his rambunctiousness of showing me he's grateful for my storytimes. (Today he hugged me during a song instead of after the whole storytime, for which I smiled but did kindly tell him to return to his carpet square.)

But I can't help it: when I am hug starved, I'll talk all and any appropriate, honest, and sincere ones that I am offered--even in the middle of singing in storytime.

No comments: