I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Head Full of

Day 293

It takes hours. Literally. And a crick in the neck. And sore arms. And feeling hot and tired. And knowing it's terrible and will require a week or two of treatment.

Which is why I don't do this more than once or twice a year.

But it's such a fun and different change.

And I can't help looking at it over and over.

My hair. Straight.

Don't get me wrong.

I love and embrace my curls far more than most curly haired people do (who, in most cases, don't embrace them).

And I still stare at my curls in disbelief on their lovely days, shocked and amazed and happy that I could ever achieve/have such a beauty. (Thanks to Ouidad for helping me learn to take care of it, and thanks to Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a gift.)

But straight, flat, unfluffy, shiny hair is so different on me (my family would attest to that), that I can't help liking this occasional look.

And not being able to help running my fingers through it constantly!

Once or twice a year is more than enough for me.

Yet it is nice to have the choice and ability for a different look and know (or hope!) that my more favored look is ready and waiting for a simple wash of the hair.

No comments: