I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Food. Glorious Food.

Day 279

A perfect fall day. The sky was an amazing blue, yet it was half covered with some of the prettiest clouds I've seen in a long time. The temperature was perfect and the breeze uplifting and calming. It was wonderful to read and think while I took a walk on my lunch break. I've missed truly relaxing walks.

An interesting and insightful political book. I don't often find nonfiction interesting. And even less so do I find politically written books to be interesting. I want to invest myself more in being aware and having informed views and opinions so I can better stand up for my values. But it is hard to find such things that are interesting as well as not overwhelming. But this book was everything I needed, and I really enjoyed it.

A squink more ability to breathe. Seeing a glimpse of maybe things potentially having a possibility of coming a little past the chaos at work. Perhaps.

A fun holiday catalog. Totally worth every giggle and exclamation with fellow children's librarian.

A small reward. A trip to a salad bar and some apple pie with sharp cheddar cheese. Why? Because I sent in my last payment on my dear and devoted car!!!

That could have been the clencher. And it almost was. But I had a rescheduled appointment. Because of the rescheduling, the plans for Friday changed, and one very anticipated plan moved up to this evening. And I couldn't help think about it. All. Day. Long.

Because for someone whose grocery budget is currently a little more than the cost of a tank of gas, and whose last month's grocery budget was spent entirely on emergency supply food stuffs to make it through in times of no electricity or gas (hurricane season!), or one of my stomach episodes,

could it be any wonder that today's surprisingly greatest joy which "trumped" Last Car Payment was

Going Grocery Shopping!!

(But as I've known about Last Car Payment for a couple of days and I don't count it official until the check is cashed, I'm still saving that joy. For it won't be any less then!)

2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Paid off the car! Went grocery shopping!!!! What a day! (What book, by the way? I'm so intrigued. If it's on GR, I missed it.)

ldsjaneite said...

The book is "Glenn Beck's Common Sense." I did post on GR, but sometimes it doesn't update when I update so many other books!