I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Making the House a Home

Day 302

I love productive days. Just as much as I love lazy ones. (Being honest.) But there is something about getting so much done in a day that is so uplifting. Especially when they are things for you, your home, and your family (of one, yes, but it's still my family). It's the sad thing about having to work outside the home to support yourself if you are a woman.

Don't get me wrong. I love my job as a librarian. It is full of fulfilling and great experiences. I learn so much. I love the people I serve and the people I work with. I love the ability to help so many. But the inner part of me cannot suppress the natural desire to be at home, setting things in order and happiness. It's one of the most upsetting and tiring things, having to work outside the home. I know plenty would think this a silly thing for a single adult to say. But it's true. My heart knows where it wants to be. And it will long for it and hope for it. Until then, I will continue to move on and do things to prepare, strengthen, grow, and improve myself.

So you may well see why a day to do things setting my house in order is so uplifting, relaxing, and enjoyable for me:
-washing dishes
-scrubbing stove top
-sweeping and scrubbing the floor
-cleaning the bathroom
-mixing up cookie dough

And all before 10 am.


*sigh*

It is such happiness to get to do the homemakery things in life.

No comments: