I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 300

Wow. Day 300. Already. It really is coming to the close of the year. While I know that by the calendar, it still seems like I'm only a few months into the year. It has been SO busy for me this year. I never thought I could be that busy and that stressed from so many other areas than I have been dealing with in the last few years. Absolutely amazing. But extremely fulfilling, even with the many challenges.

I don't think I've ever had so many people comment on what I was wearing. Well, comment and/or show their impressions on their face. So many! I would say about 90% of my co-workers. Which is quite a bit. And not something I'm used to. But it was still nice.

And what a most productive evening I have had!
I got the curlers in for tomorrow's storytime Princess costume.

I made loads of mashed sweet potatoes. (Oh my, I love my recipe.)

I had a lot of fun playing with photoshop, which I have done since grad school days in my Web Design class.

Roommie and I got started on Season 6 of Voyager. Woohoo!

Carved a pumpkin. My first in years. I've been around for plenty of pumpkin carving. I've even been part of the group. But I don't really remember my own hand plying the knife, or scooping the goop. Not since my Homecoming date with my boyfriend, 10 years ago. (Yes, that's been part of the major nostalgia and sorrow over the last few weeks/months). We had so much fun. And we loved our pumpkin. We modeled him after THE bell from the Claymation Christmas special. We named him Wilbur. Sweet memories.

So, in honor of Wilbur, I carved my own pumpkin. With my own knife. And my own hands to scoop. (Even cooked the pumpkin seeds to snack on later.) I even tried to do similar hands. I think he turned out wonderfully. Quite jaunty and I love him!!

All of this was very needed, considering the building stress, pressure, pains, headaches, disjointedness, confusion, displacement, and so much else going on in my life.

I loved coming home to an evening of just stuff, especially stuff that was fun, homemakery, productive, fulfilling, uplifting, and enjoyable.

No comments: