I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Always There, too

Day 305

In every honesty, this was a most wretched day. One of the worst in quite a long time. Leading to much self-doubt, injured self-esteem and self-worth, and loss of trust in myself and others.

I even cried at work.

Twice.

That's not a common occurrence. Especially crying in front of others. There are few who see me cry in public, and only because I am close to them and cannot hold the tears back. But overall, I am rather insistent about not crying in public, in front of others. It's kind of how you know that things are really "bad."

But how wonderful it is to have my mother. So patient. So strong. Because I cannot tell you how many times she has to sit on the phone listening to me cry and babble incoherently, whether for good reason or not. So much like Heavenly Father and the Savior.

I don't deserve such an amazing woman as my mother, but I'm so grateful she is mine.

I thought this daily quote that came to be quite appropriate and true:


"Your parents, with their maturity of years and the experience you have not had, can provide wisdom, knowledge, and blessings to help you over life's pitfalls. You may find . . . that life's sweetest experiences come when you go to Mom and Dad for help."

Ezra Taft Benson, "To the Rising Generation,' " New Era, Jan. 1986, 6–7


No comments: