I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Sunny Day!

Day 309

I went to a Sesame Street Seminar this morning. It was work-related.

I loved the books we got dealing with milestones and "gauges" of early child development. Made me think of my mother and how she studied that in college and did so well in raising her 8 children.

I loved seeing what other librarians do in their storytimes or with their teens. Great ideas. Fun enthusiasm. Reminding me how much I love being in the youth services area!

But mostly, I loved remembering how awesome Sesame Street was for me as a child, and fully grasping just how well suited it was for me when I was little and how I can use something I know so well from childhood to help me in my job as an adult.

No comments: