I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, November 12, 2010

After the Darkness

Day 316

Things are looking up much more. Fridays are typically very slow at work. Today was no different. Yet the co-worker I was with all day is one I work with very well. We do well with work things, but also in understanding each other's personal lives. It has helped me a lot having her to work with since I began as a Children's librarian.

And after the many things I was able to do and some good conversations while at work, things finally started to look up.

But it wasn't over with that. I was able to talk to a friend on the phone, one who has been busier and more stressed than me. This friend rarely opens up. It's a typical trait of theirs. It is often why I feel unequal in our friendship. That I'm never much of a help to them, and do little in lifting, supporting, inspiring, improving, sustaining, or any of those other positive and wonderful qualities that a friend should do for another. So when my friend opens up and I am able to try to offer solace and am given a task that can help them, I am filled with one of the greatest senses of purpose. I feel useful. I feel like I am doing something to deserve the title of friend. And I love it.

This is the best I've felt in the last couple of weeks or so. It feels nice to feel good, happy, purposeful, and useful.

No comments: