I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Be Counted

Day 313

I got to vote today.

Ever since 5th grade when I first really started to study global and national affairs, I looked forward to when I would be old enough to vote. I'm grateful that my parents and teachers instilled in me at a young age the importance and blessing it is to be able to have a say-so and let my voice be heard.

I waited anxiously for my turn. My first year to vote was a presidential election. I was in school, and my home state messed up my absentee ballot to the point where a few days before Election Day, I knew I would not be able to vote. I was devastated. And I'm not exaggerating. It was the final straw of a lot of things and I even took sick leave from work, knowing I would have been trying not to cry the whole evening.

So I'm grateful for every chance I have to vote. Of course, in all honesty I have not voted every Election Day. I have not always been able to stay up with what legislation is occurring, or understanding it on my own. But this year I was determined to know what was on the ballot. I also wanted to be sure to vote for the Congressman that I have come to greatly respect in the last couple of years.

Thus, today I am very grateful and happy for my opportunity to be informed and vote for what I feel is best for our city and state.

(Also pretty happy with how preschool storytime went, too!)

No comments: