I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, November 19, 2010

A "real" Friday

Day 323

In case you were wondering, Harry Potter was done so well as far as staying with the book. Quite rushed and cramming stuff in, but that is not surprising since they had to make up for all the clues and development left out in the other movies. There was one particular part in the movie that I shall forever be furious about. Totally unnecessary, uncalled for, and...well, what audience were they trying to reach with that and what a horrible message it sends to so many! Furious, I tell you. Absolutely. If I ever get my own copy, I will find a way to edit out those 2 minutes. (I know. Two minutes. But it was a big enough piece of dog poop in the fudge brownie!)

So while seeing a movie stick close to a book I love was great, I had other happinesses. I had this Friday to myself. I don't usually get that. But I told my typical obligation that I had something else to do. (Which was loads of fun.) And I loved just lounging around with movies and nap spurts. And then my Visiting Teaching turned out very well (after an hour of traffic).

It felt like how a Friday off should be, and I loved it.

No comments: