I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sitting Quietly

Day 308

It is fun to hang out with co-workers in a non-work setting. Not always happy why we get together. But to to be together all the same. I enjoyed the table I where I was sitting at tonight's festivities. It was with people I don't usually get to just sit and talk with. At least, not any more. And rarely do I see all of them together. It was also fun to sit and listen to them.

I think it's funny how so many people think I'm always a talker. No. Not really. In large groups, I'm often the observer. A habit I picked up from growing up in my family. I would consider myself one of the quieter ones in the family--if at least when we're all together. Part of that being for the frequently misunderstood factor and my avoidance of getting in those situations if I can. In large groups outside of the family, it's still a foreign concept to them that I might actually enjoy being quiet. I am a people watcher by nature. So it can be upsetting when people tell me to cheer up--when I already am!!

Thus, it means a lot to me when I can be an observer in a group where I'm not worried to speak up occasionally, and where I'm not accused of being in a bad or sad mood because I'm being quiet.

No comments: