I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Warmth of the Season

Day 2

I love cold weather. Not that I want to live where it is cold all the time. But I love living in places with 4 distinct seasons. What is so great about winter? In my lifetime, I have seen the cold bring the family home again. It's great to run around and play outside. But it's also nice to come close together on a cold afternoon or evening to talk, play games, or just...be together. The falling snow is a singular beauty in sight and sound. Food tastes better on a cold day. The warmth and glow of a fire is enchanting. Snuggling into blankets brings feelings of comfort and security.

Obviously I wouldn't be as grateful for the cold if I didn't have the blessings of warmth, provisions, shelter, and family. But my focus today is on the winter. Most of my life I have had to live where winter was a prominent weather change. And instead of being miserable and unhappy with it, I've learned to find the positive from it. And not just find the positive, but to love it. I also learn from it, because I cannot help seeing the spiritual analogies of it. And that's what makes the love complete.

What are your joys and gratitudes of winter?

No comments: