I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bread and (Peanut) Butter

Day 23

I love how organic creamy peanut butter tastes upon my wonderful, cannot-eat-any-other-kind 8-grain bread. I love that bread. More than words can say. For two years I kept my Costco membership specifically so I could buy that bread. (They do not sell it anywhere else--not even online! I know. I checked.) The bread is hearty, healthy, lasting, and has actual substance. Ever since discovering this bread, all other store bought loaves of bread make me want to gag. (Note: There is recent controversy about a change in the recipe and packaging of the bread. While I could tell something was different, I haven't had my bread in over 10 months, so I'm currently not too miffed by the difference. If the bread goes moldy faster, then yeah, I'll have something to gripe over.)

Organic peanut butter was something I discovered over a year ago. For someone who doesn't like sweet things, organic peanut butter is perfect! It taste like peanut butter should, instead of sugary brown thickness. It's (slightly) better for you, too. I'm not always in a peanut butter mood. Dislike of nuts is probably related to that. But after a break from it, I usually devour it with gusto for a couple of weeks. Still, I can only eat it in certain ways. And on my bread? It's perfect!

Are there any foods that bring you so much joy you insist on being particular about them?

No comments: