I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Cluster Here, A Cluster There

Day 5

Another worldly gratitude--and about clothes, again! But I just love my outfit today.

Love. It.
Probably more than I should. But oh well. What I'm grateful for is the concept of clustering. The term was introduced to me by my Image Consultant from Conselle, who told me I already had a good grasp on the concept. I can't imagine not using clustering. My desire to be thrifty and have fewer possessions fits in with it quite well.

Clustering basically means creating a variety of outfits from just a few items of clothing. For example, I have a much loved blouse that can go with various camis, pants, and skirts. With that one blouse, I have a possibility of 15 different outfits. Any time I discover a new outfit that works with what I already own, it is a happy day. This especially works for those items that are limited in capability. Like my suit. I love my suit. It looks so good, and is a size smaller than we had thought would fit me. :-) Always flattering and makes me feel professional, feminine, intelligent, slender, and sleek. Amazing what clothes can do. Really.

Anywho. The suit jacket came with pants and a skirt. Two outfits that can be increased by the various blouses I own to go with it. Said blouses must be button up, which are hard to find if I don't want to be showing off more than I ought. Which I don't! Still, only two choices to go with the jacket are not as exciting as four. I discovered a 3rd skirt that not only goes well with the suit jacket, but also adds a bit of flirty and fun to the outfit. OK. So it's my favorite skirt. And I love the outfit!!!

Especially as I discovered the first use of a blouse that my sister-in-law gave me a few months back. (Camisole to the rescue!) I was doubting I would find a use. I'm thrilled that this has worked, and now hope to find at least one if not two more outfits to fit the blouse so I can feel better about letting it reside in my closet. I'm happy that my clothes make me happy. And I have my wonderful parents to thank for "giving" me someone who could teach me what would work with my personality, budget, resources, style, and profession.

What joys do you have about your clothes and outfits...(oh, all right!) and shoes? :-)

No comments: