I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

"I am...quite content."

Day 7

This was my Scripture-a-Day scripture, and I absolutely love it! It is so perfect for my life right now.

"...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Oh, Paul. Amen.

Learning to be content is a lesson I learn repeatedly throughout my life. In many, many ways. Whether it was the school I was in. My employment. The choir I was part of. The literal state(s) I had to live in (with their cultures, weather, economies, laws, etc.). I noticed some time early on during my undergraduate college years that the many moves in my life and other changes that occurred had helped me learn to find happiness and joy wherever I was placed. And I have been quite grateful for that.

But especially recently, with things that reside within me--no matter where I am or go, it has been such a great blessing from the Lord to help me learn to be content with things not under my control. I am so happy to be content. It is a peace and serenity that is incomparable.

What in your life are you content with? What brings you contentment?

No comments: