I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Treasures from the Earth

Day 21

There are so many foods we did not have when I was growing up. Many fresh fruits and vegetables were probably surpassed simply because it was too expensive to frequently buy them to feed our large family. So I feel quite backward and behind when it comes to some food. Thus, I am very much enjoying learning about "new" foods--what their health benefits are, how to prepare them, what they taste like. One of these foods is edamame beans (aka green soybeans). They are really good, and very healthy. It's also like embracing my Asian heritage. I love how Heavenly Father placed so many wonderful good-for-us things all around us. Wish I'd known more about a lot of them when I was growing up, but at least it's not too late to find them now.
Here's to discovering more "new" foods!

No comments: