I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Money--I hate, loathe, despise, and abominate money." "You also spend it!"

Day 18

400 more dollars than I had accounted for in my car budget later, I was still able to find two somethings to be very grateful for.

1) That there are people who know cars and can catch things (like two tires having broken belts) and replace them before things could have been drastic and dangerous somewhere later on down the road...even if it meant 4 more unexpected hours of sitting in the car place waiting room. Good thing I had a good book to read! (OK. Maybe that makes it 3 things....)

2) That (seconded by my mother) I could drown my temporary car-financial woes in pie--which I've been craving for 2 days. Not just any pie. Already made for me Marie Callender's Razzleberry Pie. Mmmmmm. So worth it.

3) Wait, wait. Another thing. So this is technically #4. I'm grateful I had enough working room in the budget to pay for what I needed to and not have any drastic effects anywhere else. Ah--it pays (literally) to have money set aside.

No comments: