I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

O [love God], what can I say more?

"God the Eternal Father did not give [the] first great commandment because He needs us to love Him. His power and glory are not diminished should we disregard, deny, or even defile His name. His influence and dominion extend through time and space independent of our acceptance, approval, or admiration.

"No, God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God!

"For what we love determines what we seek.

"What we seek determines what we think and do.

"What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become."


Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 21–22

Amen.

No comments: