I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Little Thing

Day 3

Sometimes it's the little, dare I say even worldy, things that bring a little bit of delight. But as long as it is a little bit of delight and naught of vanity, I think I'm all right. Tomorrow is my 8th Temple Anniversary. As I looked in my closet of few Sunday clothes, I realized my even more limited winter Sunday wardrobe is rather dark in color. I like dark colors. I love black. Plus I've been told I look really good in black.

But black just didn't seem right. As much as I love that dress, I didn't want to wear all black on a 30-degree (somewhere in the teens with the wind chill) at the start of a new year. I was just too happy in this brand new year, and on the eve of my anniversary, and I wanted to show it.

So I wore my Easter dress. It's one whose colors make it more of a spring/summer dress. But sometimes I joy in defying conventions and I chose this dress that I always feel so cute and feminine in. I receive a comment here or there from friends when I wear it. Today, I received so many positive comments and compliments--from females of all ages within 3 different church units/congregations. Actually, I think there may have been the rare male compliment of "you look nice today" somewhere. But it was so nice that people said I looked good, because it matched that I felt good. Well, OK. I felt great. But we can ignore that irrelevant difference.

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Black is ALWAYS in season as far as I'm concerned! However, we replaced the ruby red Christmas tablecloth today with a flowery one -- more along those "Easter" lines and WOW! we all loved the mood it instantly created. I'm sure you boosted everyone's New Year morale in that dress!