I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Introducing...

Joy and Gratitude Every Day!

I am going to try every day to focus on something that gives me joy and/or that I want to express my gratitude for. It's to go along with having more of the Attitude of Gratitude as well as help this wonderful, newfound happiness abiding within me become a lasting joy.

Day 1

I ran a race today. My first race in the winter, and a great way to start the new year. It wasn't too cold, which was nice. It was a lovely race in terms of weather and the cloud-watching I was able to do. Having not run in 2 months, you can guess that my lungs were in a lot of pain as I ran, and have been a bit sore since. And being a street race, my knees are in a little pain, too. But I am so grateful for every morning I wake up. When I can stand on my own. Walk without help.

And run. Run because my physical disabilities are not enough to stop me. Run because I love the feelings of accomplishment, ability, strength, and peace. Run simply because I want to, and because I can. It does not matter that I am not good at it. What matters is that it's something that gives me enjoyment and that I am blessed to be able to do.

I love it!

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

I really am impressed. You're amazing!